DANVILLE – The city of Danville announces that the schedule for the first Fridays for 2022 is full.
First Fridays are events that take place on the first Friday of each month in downtown Danville. These events aim to bring people together in the heart of the city to experience the charm, history and culture of Danville while supporting local businesses and creating lasting memories.
The First Friday events are coordinated by the City of Danville, paid for by sponsors and supported by entrepreneurs and citizens. Everyone is welcome to attend these events for free or at low cost. Activities usually start around 5 p.m.
The timeline for 2022 is:
- January 7 – Progressive dinner featuring downtown venues. Enjoy a downtown dinner with each dish served in a different location. Ticket price: $ 20 (21 years old and over only). Enjoy the flavors and atmospheres of downtown Danville at an affordable price with First Friday Sponsors. Start times: 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m. To reserve tickets: email Ashton Greer at [email protected] or call / text 217-977-5691 with your preferred time for your reservation and number your group. You must choose a start time to start your dinner. Tickets can be picked up at 17 W. Main St. (Town Hall) when you deposit payment, or they will be mailed to you at the time of payment. Stop 1: Start at Venue 22 (22 N. Jackson St.) for live music by mid-October and appetizers prepared by the Downtown Danville Event Center. Stop 2. Your next stop is Lovin ‘Cup Food Truck and Vermilion River Beer Company (103 N. Vermilion St.). Enjoy a hot pretzel sandwich and a drink of your choice. Stop 3. Next, stop at Café 13 (13 N. Vermilion St.) for your choice of dessert and coffee or tea. Stop 4. End the evening with a nightcap of your choice and late night snacks at Fatman’s Warehouse (138 ½ N Vermilion St.). Only thirty tickets per hour of departure will be sold. You need to go in order so that each room can anticipate the size of the crowd and accommodate the guests. You must have a ticket to attend.
- February 4 – Danville’s Got Talent at the Fischer Theater. A talent competition featuring Danville’s best artists.
- March 4 – Glow Downtown 5K. An evening in the heart of downtown Danville with neon clothing, luminescent jewelry and paint, black lights and party music.
- April 1 – Egg hunt in downtown locations. Visit all the local shops in downtown Danville to collect eggs – one egg at each location will be worth $ 100. Visit the Easter Bunny at Temple Plaza.
- May 6 – Candy in the streets and community yoga. Come and enjoy all the sweet things including a bake sale, a walk, Lainey’s ice cream, Willy Wonka activities at the Danville Public Library, candy vendors, live music, shopping at Sweet Repeats and fun candy decorations all over downtown. Community yoga at Kresge Park at 5 p.m.
- June 3 – Summer Bash, Community Yoga and Summer Sounds. Go out for live music, food trucks, bouncy houses, sidewalk chalk art contest, bubbles, water balloons and more. Community Yoga at Kresge Park at 5 p.m. and Summer Sounds at Temple Plaza.
- July 1 – Sports and Brews, Community Yoga and Summer Sounds. Outdoor games including a bag tournament, a volleyball tournament at Kresge Park, a pétanque ball, themed activities at the Danville public library, food trucks and special beers in downtown bars. Community Yoga at Kresge Park at 5 p.m. and Summer Sounds at Temple Plaza.
- August 5 – Back to school party, community yoga and summer sounds. Distribution of school supplies, tactile trucks, inflatable houses and games for children of all ages. Community Yoga at Kresge Park at 5 p.m. and Summer Sounds at Temple Plaza.
- September 2 – Wellness walk, community yoga and summer sounds. Vendors and wellness activities set up throughout downtown Danville and in downtown Danville stores. Community Yoga at Kresge Park at 5 p.m. and Summer Sounds at Temple Plaza.
- October 7 – Halloween event. Shop for treats in downtown locations and enjoy Halloween-themed games and activities in downtown parks.
- November 4 – Potterfest downtown. Enjoy a Harry Potter themed festival where downtown Danville turns into a magical world.
- December 2 – Night of Lights Parade and Holiday Bazaar. Watch the beautiful Night of Lights parade through downtown Danville and shop at the Holiday Bazaar. Enjoy daytime horse-drawn carriage rides and visit Santa Claus at Temple Plaza.
Downtown Danville, Inc. supports the Summer Sounds concert series and many local yoga instructors support Community Yoga. The organizers also thank the many sponsors. Senior Investors: Carle Health, OSF Healthcare, Aunt Martha’s Health & Wellness, Pete Goodwin with Country Financial and Hayley Siefert with Classic Homes Realty. Partners: Christie Clinic, Vermilion Advantage and Thyssenkrupp Dynamic Components. Supporters: Lima Bean Glassworks and Gifts, Sweet Repeats, Aqua Illinois and Amanda Galloway with Country Financial.