100 renowned photographers join forces to promote the preservation of the environment

0


Prominent nature photographs are donated by world famous photographers to raise funds for nature conservation projects. The works of around 100 photographers from around the world will be donated and sold until the end of the year.

Dr Jane Goodall is one of many primatologists and photographers to donate their work to Vital Impacts, a female-led nonprofit that provides financial aid and amplifies the narrative pushed by protection organizations. and the preservation of human and wildlife habitats.

• Find out more: Best cameras for landscape photography

Vital Impacts was co-founded by Ami Vitale, award-winning photographer and Nikon ambassador, and Eileen Mignoni, visual journalist. Other well-known contributors to the cause include Paul Nicklen, Jimmy Chin, Chris Burkard, Nick Brandt, Beth Moon, Stephen Wilkes, Reuben Wu and Cory Richards.

“Each image has a very deep story behind it,” notes Vitale. “I worked really hard when I organized this to make sure these photographers are diverse, but the one thing they all share is this commitment to the planet. They use their art to help with conservation.” Vitale hopes that people will be inspired by this collaborative work and that the photographs will help people appreciate our “beautiful planet”.

Goodbye Sudan, the world’s last male northern white rhino (Image credit: Ami Vitali)

Conservation is defined by National Geographic as the care and protection of resources to ensure that they persist for future generations. It aims for the sustainable use of natural resources by humans by maintaining the diversity of species, genes and ecosystems. The overconsumption of resources leads to a loss of the Earth’s biodiversity. The main contributing factors are issues related to habitat destruction, climate change, invasive species, overexploitation and pollution, to name a few.

The Ami Vitale website states that “Your generous purchase of Vital Impact fine art prints directly supports local organizations around the world, who work tirelessly to support our planet. Every contribution, no matter how small, helps their critical work “. The association has chosen to make the sale of prints carbon neutral by planting a tree for each photo print made.

Polar bear on Rudolph Island (Image credit: Cory Richards)

60% of the proceeds from each sale will be distributed among four organizations involved in wildlife or habitat protection: the Big Life Foundation, the Great Plains Foundation’s Project Ranger, SeaLegacy, and Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots program. The remaining 40% of the profits will be donated to the photographers to help them continue their work.

Parts are available for purchase here at prices ranging from $ 275 to $ 30,000 (around £ 208 to £ 22,700 / AU $ 393 to $ 42,800).

Read more:

5 tips for wildlife and nature photography
The best lenses for wildlife photography
The best cameras for wildlife photography


Share.

Comments are closed.